.profile-img { margin:0 auto 0; -webkit-border-radius: 50em; -moz-border-radius: 50em; border-radius: 50em; }

About Me

Thursday, April 6, 2017

* Review * New Lakme Absolute Illuminating eye shadow Palette | French Rose

Hi Beautiful!!

Wanted to share an eye shadow palette that I am currently loving.



Its the Lakme Illuminating eye shadow palette in French Rose. To tell you I was more of a colored eye pencil person and never into eye shadows solely because I always ended up with raccoon eyes no matter how hard I tried. All the blending, building and watching numerous tutorials on youtube would always still make me look like a raccoon out of the jungle. I almost gave up in despair...huh..
Turns out, I was using all the wrong products, wrong brushes and wrong what not....

However my relationship with eye shadow started with The Nudes palette and since then it has only grown stronger. I was amazed at how eye makeup can transform your entire look and finally with the mix of right brushes got the hang of it. Tried different eye looks in the neutral eye genre and finally decided that its about time I started playing with colors :):)

I was researching for a good colored matte eye shadow palette that I could wear on festive occasions, on day time, night time, to work, to parties and meet up with friends (am I asking for too much?). Finally stumbled upon the Lakme Illuminating eye shadow palette in French Rose. Its a limited edition from the Sabyasachi collection,It has got all the right combo of colors. No over the top colors. Its so ME...

Packaging: It comes in a decent looking black cardboard box. The palette is also black in color and has a luxurious feel to it. Though it is a plastic box but is sturdy enough. It comes with a mirror which is a big Yay!! All the colors come in round cases.

Price : 995 INR. You can find it on discount online.

Colors: The palette has 6 shade of colors.
Color 1 is a pretty bright warm pink color. This is my fav shade in the palette . Its matte in texture but has a tiny bit of sheen.Its going to compliment all Indian skin tones.

Color 2 is a mauve brown color. Will make a beautiful crease color, its matte with a lil sheen. You can also create brown smoky eyes with this color.

Color 3 is a shiny gold shade perfect to give that halo effect.I was most excited for this color. Dying to create different eye looks with it.

Color 4 is an orangy coral shade . Perfect for summers.

Color 5 is a nude peachy pink color. Can be used as a crease color and also on the lid for soft colored eyes.

Color 6 : This one is a true matte brown color perfect to be used as a transition color. Can also be used to define your brows.


Indoor lighting






Indoor Lighting (with flash)
Pigmentation : All the colors except one are decently pigmented, they are not crazily pigmented though. Color 3 gold shade is the least pigmented which was little bit of a let down. However you can work with your fingers or a damp brush to pick up the pigments and get the desired pigmentation. (ya ya..I have learnt it courtesy YouTube :)):)) Only problem with the palette is fallout. They are super blend-able though. All in all I like it.

So if you are just like me, trying to search for an eye shadow palette that will serve all occasions, go ahead and check this out..

Current Update : I kind of have a love hate relation with this palette. As much as I love the colors, the pigmentation is a bummer.

Much Love,
XOXO


2 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing..Best Place to Shop Online for Ethnic Designer Clothing & Accessorieshttps://www.jignov.com/women/bottom-wears/patiala.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for sharing the excellent information about eye shadow

    ReplyDelete

About Me

Featured Post

Know Me | The pursuit of happiness, my real journey into the beauty world

Hi !!!! I had been meaning to write this down since a very long time. Don't really know if I would ever publish it or it would kee...

Pages