.profile-img { margin:0 auto 0; -webkit-border-radius: 50em; -moz-border-radius: 50em; border-radius: 50em; }

About Me

Thursday, May 25, 2017

Know Me | The pursuit of happiness, my real journey into the beauty world


Hi !!!!

I had been meaning to write this down since a very long time. Don't really know if I would ever publish it or it would keep lying in my drafts, like forever. People who know me might find it a lil strange of me putting up blogs on beauty reviews, outfit posts etc . So here is the story behind all of it. It all started a few months before my wedding. You know how we girls are so excited about wedding. As if we had been planing this day since the day we were born. We want to look our 'bestest best' on our wedding day. Turns out, I knew nothing about makeup apart from putting on lipstick that too the same old burgundy shade (for some strange reason). So i decided to watch some YouTube tutorials. Back then there were no Indian you-tubers. All the tutorials were from creators based in the US or UK. I could hardly ever find the products that they used in Indian market. Back then online shopping in India was almost non existent. I bought a couple of make-up here and there and failed horrendously :P:P.  And that brings me to the End of my endeavor, I knew its not my cup of tea.

A few months post marriage we moved to US for our work. There, I was amused by the style and fashion sense of people at work. Couple of years later we moved back to India, since I was out of Indian market for some time, I used to google and read product reviews whenever I needed to buy any make-up or skincare/hair care items. Was not only amused but almost taken aback by the content availability by Indian bloggers this time around. It seemed as if there was a huge leap.

Then came the summer of 2015, when my life was to change forever. I still remember the blinking phone screen, the phone call from Mom. I was at work, and my father had suddenly fallen ill(my parents and me stay in different cities, states actually). It was by far the most difficult phase of my life. My father was admitted to ICU. But destiny had other plans as I was also entering the most special and extraordinary phase of womanhood at the very same time. There was this life beaming within me. I tried to keep my self engrossed in work as much as possible to keep the stress at bay. Whatever spare time I had, I began to watch beauty channels on YouTube. And this actually kept me stress free at least momentarily. It was almost therapeutic. I began to realize that makeup and beauty were not just vanity for stupid snob girls but it is a form of art. Make up is not about putting a pile of products on your face but its all about looking naturally beautiful. There are days when a lil bit of makeup can uplift your mood, again there are days when bright painted nails can make you feel on the top of the world. Beauty surely is not just skin deep. Keeping myself updated with the latest beauty trends became my passion. I enjoy learning about beauty and makeup. Its more like an extension of my personality :)

So that my friends was my journey into the beauty world and since then my perspective towards life has been more logical and less judgmental.


Just saying : It took me a few weeks and repeated attempts to pen down the last para, as it was really difficult to go through this all over again. Bapi(my father) eventually left for the heavenly abode after a brave battle with life. HE is now in his happy place probably looking at us and smiling from above.

Congratulations!! You made it to the end, Yaaay!! =D>=D>

Thanks for stopping by, much love,
A Proud Daughter

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

Featured Post

Know Me | The pursuit of happiness, my real journey into the beauty world

Hi !!!! I had been meaning to write this down since a very long time. Don't really know if I would ever publish it or it would kee...

Pages