.profile-img { margin:0 auto 0; -webkit-border-radius: 50em; -moz-border-radius: 50em; border-radius: 50em; }

About Me

Monday, April 10, 2017

How to introduce SOLID FOOD to baby | Step by step no hassle

Hello my lovely Mommies!!(hello daddies!! u r lovely 2)

When is the right time to introduce solids?What solid food should I introduce my baby to? Will my baby be fine? Why is she/he not enjoying the food?

A million questions and countless suggestions later we still are not sure what is the right time and the right food. This was exactly my condition when my boy was around 5 months old and the Doc said it was time for SOLIDS. Well thankfully I had a wonderful baby doctor who would patiently listen to me and gave us some wonderful suggestions. Together with his guidance and our experience and intuitions we sailed through this phase. Now meal times are our favorite times and my baby looks forward to them. So today I am going to share how I introduced Solids to my baby.



I introduced solids to Sreehan (my lil baby boy) when he was 5 and 1/2 months old. He used to give me the most curious stare when I would eat in front of him. :) So when the baby doc said that he was ready for solids I began researching in my mind on what food should I start with. My elder sister came to my rescue and I decided to first introduce him to BANANAS.So I gave him 1 small mashed  ripe banana. He was a little surprised. This was the first time he was eating something other than BF. Banana is a good option to start with. First off it is a little slimy and hence easier to swallow, second off it is very sweet n savory and babies seem to enjoy it. So Banana it is. I was overjoyed and post this successful attempt we introduced him to this beautiful week by week diet plan for solid food introduction. This beautiful meal plan helps the baby to adjust with the food,learn to enjoy it and week by week mature his digestion.



Four to 5 spoons of water after every meal. NO solids in between meals.Week 1 and week 2 after every meal I used to BF him. So breast milk was like his dessert. :):):):)
Our doctor advised us not to add any salt/sugar in his food in the first year as this reduces the possibility of high bp in future. Not sure though..but we did not add any salt to his food till about 10 months of his age. Also I never used any food blender to puree his food. Always used spoon/spatula to manually mash the food. This retains the natural texture of the food. Ensure that the food is soft enough and there are no big lumps or chunks.
The thumb rule for introducing solid food to babies is to not surprise them with new item everyday. Introduce 1 item and let them adjust to it, feel it and enjoy it. If they reject, re-introduce in a few days. (I also gave him sweet potatoes in week 2,3 &4)

Both me and my boy thoroughly enjoy meal time. I will keep updating this space in case I remember any important point that I missed. I hope this helps you and if it did please don't forget to comment below and share.

Random Thought : Can't believe he is a year old now and a full time toddler. We have started non-vegetarian food now and he is crazy about Fish stew (traditional Bengali dish)
:):):):)




Disclaimer: I am in no way a doctor or pediatrician. This is the plan that worked best for my baby. Please talk to your doctor before introducing SOLIDS or any meal plan for the baby.


Much Love,lots of sunshine,
XOXO


Follow my blog with Bloglovin

2 comments:

  1. 9:00pm for dinner? I was advised to have my 6 month old in bed, asleep, by 7:30. So he eat his dinner at 6:00. What time does your baby go to bed? And how does it work for you?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Thanks for reading. I am aware many doctors advice for babies to sleep by 7:30 to 8:00 PM, which is a good practice. My baby goes to bed by 10 - 10:30 ish. He used to take 2 naps in the day time.

      Delete

About Me

Featured Post

Know Me | The pursuit of happiness, my real journey into the beauty world

Hi !!!! I had been meaning to write this down since a very long time. Don't really know if I would ever publish it or it would kee...

Pages