.profile-img { margin:0 auto 0; -webkit-border-radius: 50em; -moz-border-radius: 50em; border-radius: 50em; }

About Me

Monday, May 15, 2017

* Review * The Face Shop Sheet Mask




I blame my extreme curiosity for getting these. And m glad that I did. In India all women are used to applying home made masks (ubtans as they are called). I have always used gram flour mask on my face which also doubles as an excellent exfoliant. I have also used sandalwood mask for the longest time, it works wonders in removing sun tan. But these seem ages back. Since the past couple of years I have not been to a salon for skin care purpose. I don't know but 24 hours in a day just doesn't seem enough for me  (i guess I manage time really bad  :( ). I don't do at home face masks anymore not even the ready to use ones because I find them really messy and I am always too tired to apply them. First apply on face, wait for it to dry (which is like for ever) and then remove, not to mention the stained T-shirts and messy wash basins.

Now I am in my early 30's and not getting any younger and I need to really really take care of my skin. So decided to give sheet masks a try. Quickly ordered them on Nykaa. You can find them here. Nykaa always has some cool offers on them.

This is my first experience with sheet masks. I have used them a couple of times and thought  its about time I share my views on it.

Packaging : The packaging is pretty basic, nothing fancy. Quite convenient to tear and use the sheet inside..






Price : Rs. 100



My take : I have dry skin and my skin always demands hydration. Applied them on my clean and washed face after toning with rose water.The mask sits comfortable on the face.You have to keep them for 15 minutes (or more if u want to) and then remove the sheet mask. Just that..isn't is super easy and fuss free. Post application my skin felt as if I had woken up to 10 hours of uninterrupted sleep (distant dream :) ) that too after applying intense moisturizing cream at night. I do not wash my face immediately after removing the mask. Let the product sit for an hour before wiping off with a clean, moist wash cloth. It makes the skin smooth, hydrated, soft and supple. I liked the Rice water variant the most. It gives a lil bit of glow and firmness along with the hydration. The effect does not last for too long though. But still I am happy with the quick results.

 Now Rs 100 for 1 time application might seem to be a lil too much but considering that you do not have to splurge on salons this can be really  an affordable alternative. If you have dry skin like me you need to try these. Sheet masks are my new found skin care love and I am going to try more of these. Visit back to see my reviews from other brands as well. I might do a comparison as well.. Let's see.

Overall I absolutely love these masks.
Rating : 4/5

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

Featured Post

Know Me | The pursuit of happiness, my real journey into the beauty world

Hi !!!! I had been meaning to write this down since a very long time. Don't really know if I would ever publish it or it would kee...

Pages