.profile-img { margin:0 auto 0; -webkit-border-radius: 50em; -moz-border-radius: 50em; border-radius: 50em; }

About Me

Friday, July 21, 2017

* DIY * | Embroidered Shirts | #RecycleOldShirts


They say that the year 2017 has been taken over by embroidery. There is embroidery everywhere be it on shirts, tops , jeans......just everywhere.
Not that I follow trends religiously. But this was one that I actually loved and felt that it is so my style. My inner shopaholic looked up to buy some embroidered shirts online, but then I have been shopping too often and also it is difficult for me to manage my ever increasing wardrobe. Also I had promised myself to shop for clothes only when I actually need them. (I break the promise every 2 months but happy that this time I was able to keep my words :)

This shirt was bought almost 3 years back when I was dying to have a red shirt. Looking at my wardrobe it felt that this little bright red thing could easily be the canvas for an equally bright embroidery. I immediately looked up online for some easy embroidery designs. There were tonnes of designs but I was searching for something that would be easy to work with and would not take much time to complete. Petrified that I might start it and then never be able to complete. Zeroed upon this design. Used a carbon paper to put the design on the fabric.













Embroidered some lazy daisies for the flowers, stem stitch for stems and leaf stitch for leaves. Pretty easy and simple.
I referred to this video for inspiration https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PA0SFQ4LMbc&list=PLUeXctVo_ATIxvEyle7Ywz92vNNrROwuE






So see it really pays, if you take your school needle work classes seriously :) But again in this era of youtube and pinterest never mind if you haven't taken your classes seriously, there is always a tutorial online to learn from.
So grab an old Shirt and make it into a DIY trendy embroidered shirt and dont forget to let me know if you liked the idea.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

Featured Post

Know Me | The pursuit of happiness, my real journey into the beauty world

Hi !!!! I had been meaning to write this down since a very long time. Don't really know if I would ever publish it or it would kee...

Pages